lørdag 26. januar 2013

Geeky Knits - Wizards & Dice!

Ok, so this is the very last little project that I talked about not long ago.

I was asked to make a dice bag for RPGs, and it needed to be big.  Previously I made a small bag with the adorable dragons from Bubble Bobble which was a great success.  This time, I needed to find something equally cool... What to do, what to do...

I dived back deep into the mystical webs of geekdom, and found the perfect match!  The owner of the bag is an enormous fan of Wizards, Mages, Black Mages - the name doesn't really matter as long as they cast fireballs!  Yeah, you heard me, fireballs!  ;)

I'm an old school Final Fantasy fan, so of course, my mind went immediately to the Black Mages from the Final Fantasy series, and especially ridiculously adorable Vivi from FFIX.

♥Vivi♥



I of course also needed a nicely pixelated 8-bit fireball to add to the mix which Google helped me out with.  So here is the result!



The bag itself is pretty easy to do.  I used a circular knitting needle, European size 3 in thickness and 40mm length.

Knit the red pattern at top and bottom.  After this you sow the Black Mage and the Fireball on to the bag afterwards using duplicate stitches!  It's really tough to knit with all these colors.  This is a really good trick when working with characters and very complicated patterns.  Here is a video showing how.  It's really easy.



When you finish, you sow it shut at the bottom, adjust the top fold to the desired length, add a ribbon or create a braided rope - and Voila!  There you have it!

 
Here are some pictures of the finished bag!  :)














2 kommentarer:

  1. Fellow norwegian here! This is awesome, I am gonna try and make it myself=)

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. That's really nice to hear :)
      Awesome May-Linn, go for it! I'd love to see your finished bag! ;)

      Slett