mandag 17. desember 2012

Shaky Arms and Rebellious Baking!


Days are just flying past - Christmas is seriously sprinting towards us on Red Bull!  It's just going so fast - again!

There will be fewer updates on the blog as we get closer to Christmas I'm afraid, and the schedule in this house is really full at the moment, as I'm sure yours is as well. :)


I will skip the "Monday Lol's" today, and show you a little experiment I did here the other day instead.  :)


After an especially really hard-core work-out session, and months and months on diet, I had a chat with my doctor.
I was so thrilled, thinking that I would finally be done with my strict diet, and go over on "normal" low-carb.  This was unfortunately not the case!

I was soooo disappointed - I had been looking forward to experimenting with all the low-carb recipes I've been stocking up on and drooling over lately...

So, all exhausted and shaky I kinda ended up thinking; seriously, screeeew this, I deserve a little break, and not to mention something yummy... and proceeded with making mah girl Kristine Weber's "Loffeboller" (A.K.A lazy buns - directly translated)  Thanks for a great recipe Kristine! I made the version with icing sugar, vanilla cream and coconut on top - "Sunne Skoleboller".    Mmmmmm :)



And let me tell you - yummy they were!  It was so worth it!

 
I've translated the recipe for you guys in case you want to give it a go.
  

This recipe is for 3 buns. 

Ingredients:
BUNS
1 egg
3 egg whites
3 Tbls bakepro
2 Tbls coconut flour
1 ts fiber husk (I think you can use xantham gum instead if needed)
a dash of milk


VANILLA CREAM 
Eldorado Vaniljesaus - mix it with only 3 dl skimmed milk instead of the 7,5 that it says on the packaging, and it's absolutely perfect!  
If you do not have this brand, test out a low-sugar, low calorie version of a Vanilla Sauce with half of the fluid it's supposed to take.


ICING
Sukrin Melis and water - mix until you reach wanted consistency.


Drizzle some coconut on top of the icing.



Mix all the ingredients together, except for the two egg whites
Whip the egg whites until they're stiff



and carefully blend them in with the rest of your mix














 BAKING INSTRUCTIONS

Put the oven to 180 degrees C.  
Create 3 sticky lumps on baking paper on a tray, and create a bump in the middle for the vanilla cream.  
Put them in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, and then take them back out.  
Now put the vanilla cream in the center, and back into the over on 200 degrees C for another 10-15 minutes.

Mix your icing sugar and put desired amount on top together with some coconut.  

This recipe is at about 100 calories per bun, including the icing and vanilla cream!  What's not to love about that!

































 
Sure, diets are all good - but everyone should be allowed to enjoy life a bit in-between, allow themselves a little breathing space - by this I don't mean; jump into the nearest chocolate cake, head first...

If you need a diet break, a good strategy is to go with the lesser evil - make something healthy!
Research!  The internet has an enormous variety of recipes and inspiration.


Mmmmmmmm

So Yummy





 
These buns are not just tasty, but they are healthy too - much healthier then their sugary "cousins". All in all it was faaar from the biggest splurge I could have done diet wise. 


I totally recommend trying them out! :)







Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar