Amazingly Yummy Mocca Muffins!
The original recipe belongs to Kristine Weber, and then it was tweaked a bit and translated by me. ;)
1 tbsp kesam/translates to Quark Cheese
30g coconut flour
20g chocolate protein
1 topped tbsp cocoa
1/2 tbsp yacon sirup
1/2 cup espresso
2 tbsp icing sugar replacement
A few drops of Stevia chocolate
a small dash of salt.
(Splenda or other sweetener)
(Taste and see if extra sweetener is required. If so, add desired amount of splenda.)
How to Proceed:
- Separate the eggs in two bowls - one for the yolk, one for the whites.
- Whip the yolks together with the kesam, yacon sirup, icing sugar replacement, stevia and espresso.
- Then add the coconut flour, chocolate protein, cocoa and the dash of salt. Blend until in turns into a sticky batter.
- Whip the egg whites until they turn completely white and stiff.
- Carefully blend the egg whites into the chocolate batter.
- Fill in muffin cups and put them in the oven at 170 degrees C for about 12 minutes. Test to see if they're done by using a wooden toothpick and see if it comes out dry. If dry, they're all done!
|My mini muffin army|
These babies consists of mainly yummy protein :) Awesome snack, low kcal, low carb, and low fat!
If you split this over 9 muffins you get:
Protein: 5 g
Carb: 1,1 g
Fat: 1,7 g
In addition to the original recipe I created a chocolate cream cheese frosting.
Creme Chese Chocolate Recipe:
100 gr Philadelphia light (light creme cheese)
2 1/2 tbsp cocoa - depending on how chocolaty you want it
A few drops of Stevia vanilla
Sweetener - taste to desired amount
How to Proceed:
Put the Creme Cheese in a bowl. Add the cocoa and Stevia. Blend until you get a smooth mixture. Start adding sweetener and taste as you to. That's that!
Since I got this pink beauty for Christmas I split them even smaller, about half, so I got this little army of 16 sweet protein balls of goodness! Love it! The name of this muffin maker says it all. :)
|Tiny adorable yummy muffin|
|I love this - it's awesome|
|It seriously can't get easier to bake muffins|
My final result with the creme cheese frosting ended up at around 30-40 kcal per muffin.
So sit back, grab a muffin, and enjoy healthy goodness!
Have a good one!