I found this at a Norwegian blog called Lenesplass. Lene shares all sorts of creative works.
Angry Birds Cap
3-5 years (6-9 years)
2 skeins Sisu from Sandnes Garn (80% wool, 20% nylon)
192 yards/50 grams pr skein (175 meter/50 grams)
Scraps of a slightly thicker yarn for the Angry bird. I have used Smart from Sandnes Garn, in colors: red, beige, orange, black and white.
27 sts x 44 rows = 10 cm (4 inch)
1 circular size 2.5 mm (US 1 ½)
1 circular size 3.0 mm (US 2 ½)
5 double pointed 3.00 mm (US 2 ½)
Key: k = knit
p = purl
k2tog = knit 2 sts together
p2tog = purl 2 sts together
This hat is worked in the round on circular needle and then on double pointed needles.
Rounds begin mid back. I recommend using a stitch marker to help you keep track on where the new round start.
How to Proceed
Cast on 96 (104) sts on circular needle size 2.5 mm.
- Work in k2p2 for ribbing, for 3 cm (1⅛ inch).
- Switch to needle size 3.00 mm.
- Size 3-5 years, knit: k2p2 * 7 times, k42, p2, k2p2 * 6 times
- (Size 6-9 years, knit: k2p2 * 8 times, k42, p2, k2p2 * 7 times)
- Repeat for 36 rounds.
- Knit k2p2 for 18 (26) rounds.
- Switch to the double pointed needles when it becomes uncomfortable to knit with the circular needle.
- Knit k2, p2tog for one round = 72 (78) sts
- Knit k2, p1 for one round
- Knit k2tog, p1 for one round = 48 (52) sts
- Knit k1, p1 for one round
- Knit k2tog for one round = 24 (26) sts
- Knit for one round
- Knit k2tog for one round = 12 (13) sts
- Knit k2tog for one round = 6 (7) sts
- Cut the thread and pull it through the remaining sts and tighten together.
- Weave in all loose ends.
Use the chart and stitch the Angry bird in front of the hat.
Hope you like it!