søndag 27. januar 2013

Knits - A Fashion Statement!

I have a big soft spot for the traditional Norwegian style, but in general in regards to knitting, I'm all about the more every day look.  Over sized, comfy and modern will always be my main genre and personal look.  I love the idea of designing my own garments, experiment, and really just have fun with it.  To me, this is a part of fashion that I find so underrated.


 


 
amazingly gorgeous back
This alpaca sweater I knitted some time ago, and it's absolutely gorgeous.  I'll share recipe later.

This outfit screams my name


Normally when you think of knitting, you probably think of some variant of a comfy sweater or cardigan, but did you know that there are some amazing high fashion designers making some really jaw dropping knitted creations?  I'll cover several of them in some later posts. There are some absolutely amazing pieces you must see.

At some point in the future I will for sure start designing my own garments, of course nothing as elaborate as some of the more abstract fashion creations, me being a humble creative little Norwegian.  Still, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind about that I want to expand the horizon and do my own things.  
My whole life I've been in design, art and different forms of visual communication and expression.  

Too me fashion is a form of art, and knitting is a sub category within it.  It's a wonderful tool with which you can express your creative self.










4 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. Me too! :)
      If you want I can post the recipe for this one.

      http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iev4q-bdfFc/UPghpeZMe7I/AAAAAAAAFTQ/7qok8fgeXdA/s1600/IMG_9523-500x666.jpg

      It's so easy, and really lovely. I knitted it myself, and I've kinda "moved-in-to" that sweater ever since. :)

      Slett
  2. Svar
    1. Here you go :)
      http://the-fuzzy-corner.blogspot.no/2013/01/the-norwegian-skappel-sweater.html
      Enjoy!

      Slett