tirsdag 19. februar 2013

Arm Knitting - DIY - Amazing Scarf & Blanket

I came across something really cool here the other day that made it onto my project list, which kinda just keeps on growing and growing...
  
So, what I found was a beautiful blog called "Simply Maggie".   She shares DIY's, knit and crochet projects. Here you can check out her facebook page.

There were two things that made it onto my project list, and the first thing was a really cool and chunky scarf she made, using arm knitting! 



I have never seen this before, and I love the effect!  I love big and chunky soft knits, so this is right up my alley.

The second thing that made it on the list was a lovely blanket she made using the same technique, and it's so quick too - we're talking about 30 minutes to an hour of work per piece!
 

It will take quite a bit of yarn to create either one, and they are made with double and triple strands of yarn at the same time.

Below you'll find full instructions, links and videos on how to proceed! 

Have fun!  :)





- Arm Knit Scarf -

"I LOVE chunky, comfy, soft, scarves. As do many women:) But they can be pricey and I never find reasonably priced scarves that I LOVE. So why not just make one!
Here’s how. Learn to ARM KNIT! That’s right, don’t buy huge needles, just use your arms as the needles. You can find a couple of videos on YouTube on how to do this. If you don’t like the videos you find just let me know and I will make one if I get enough requests:)

Here is what I made and what I used to make it:
I bought 2 skeins of Lion Brand Yarn. Wool Ease Thick and Chunky in the color Linen. I used both skeins at one time by combining the ends and knitting with two strands. I think I only used about half of each skein so I have left overs for another project which means that this scarf only cost me $7.00!! And about a half hour of my time.
 

I made it into a circle scarf by sewing the ends together to make one long, continuous round scarf and then I just wrap it around my neck twice."



- simplymaggie -








- Arm Knit Blanket - 
How to:
  • Cast on 32 stitches
  • Arm knit for 23 rows
  • Bind off and knot it at the end
  • Weave in the ends of yarn
Materials I bought:
  • 4 Skeins of Silky Twist Super Bulky Yarn
  • 2 Skeins of Bernat Roving Bulky Yarn
I had about 1/4 left from the last 3 skeins of yarn I used. Probably enough to make an infinity scarf!!:)
To learn how to Cast On, Arm Knit and Bind Off GO HERE."




Aren't they just great?  I completely fell in love with this - must try out!



Have a good one!















Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar